installing kernel on nvidia jetson tk1 SD card?

ben benjaminscott at centurylink.net
Sun Oct 2 22:11:02 PDT 2016

Hello, I have an nVidia jetson TK1 board with Debian installed. The boot
partition is on the built in flash and the system root is on a disk
drive. I want to compile and install a different kernel for testing onto
the SD card. The idea would be that with the SD card plugged in I would
get the new kernel and otherwise I would get the standard Debian kernel.
Compiling the kernel is simple enough but I don't know how to install it
on the SD card.

Thank you.