imx27: pinctrl: GPIO set output value failed

Chris Ruehl chris.ruehl at gtsys.com.hk
Wed Jan 22 04:07:44 EST 2014

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 04:50 PM, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> just a few questions to maybe bring you forward in your debug session.
>
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:21:12PM +0800, Chris Ruehl wrote:
>> after fix the imx_read_2bit() the registers show the expected values.
>> Ergo the problem must be in the gpiolib, my guess
>>
>> pin 9 (MX27_PAD_LD3) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 1, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
>> pin 10 (MX27_PAD_LD4) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 1, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
>> pin 11 (MX27_PAD_LD5) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 0, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
>> pin 12 (MX27_PAD_LD6) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 1, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
> Can dump the gpio register space (e.g. using jtag or memedit)? Then try
> something like:
memedit can download from your Web right, sadly I didn't have a jtag on
my CPU card.

> 	dump register space
> 	echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio10/value
> 	dump register space again and compare with result from above
>
> Feel free to share your results for additional pairs of eyes.
>
> Do the gpios work in the boot loader?
I have a  2.6.22(*) kernel with and from early development from my board a
3.8.xx(**) which was able to set the gpio
(*) via /proc/..
(**) via /sys/class/..

>> gain, gpio9 works gpio10,12 not response on the
>> /sys/class/gpio/gpio10/value changes.
> How do you diagnose "no response"? With a multimeter or software wise?
> You are measuring the right pins, are you?
>
> Best regards
> Uwe

The pins routed to an opto-coupler  and measured with multi-meter and LED

Chris