Getting SpeakUp to run on the version of Linux

Glenn glennervin at cableone.net
Fri Aug 29 11:12:21 PDT 2014

Hello again,
I am a counselor by vocation, but a computer/technology hobbyist.
I am also Blind, which means that I access technology via synthetic speech.
In Linux, this means either Orca for the GUI, or SpeakUp for the CLI.
I am wondering if anyone has managed already to get speech output going on
this version of ARM.
It does work in some devices that are for purchase, but for adaptive
software, it usually costs more than the value of the device itself.
Thanks for any information in this area.

Glenn