how to debug Linux kernel boot process after turn MMU on stage [ I tried linux-arm-kernel mailing list arch workaround but issue]

Tryout check girishtryout at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 05:02:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to Boot Linux kernel 3.0.1 on a custom hardware.

I am able to debug the Linux Kernel 3.0.1 boot process till
__enable_mmufunction defined in head.S, using serial port.

But as soon as __turn_mmu_on function is performed I am not able to debug
the boot process.

I have gone through linux-arm-kernel mailing list archives & i have tried
their printascii() work around. But still I am not able to see any boot
logs on serial console after __turn_mmu_on.

Here I am able to get logs before __turn_mmu_on so my serial console port
is working fine.

And one more thing - I don't have JTAG.

Can anyone provide the solution how to debug Linux kernel Boot process
after turn MMU on?

Thank you for the support.

Thanks & Regards

Girish