ARM11 MPCore with Linux is slower than ARM9 with OSE

Alessandro Rubini rubini at gnudd.com
Mon Apr 11 11:30:05 EDT 2011

> Any pointers on what is going wrong here?

Most likely it's register access itself that's slow. I once measured
times on PXA270, it took on averate 1us to access internal registers (but
it had different times on different peripherals.

Other cores had different times, it depends on the internal design of
the various subsystems within the chip, the clock domains and so on.

I fear it doesn't depend on the OS, it's just the specific CPU core.

/alessandro