SD card write problem on TX51 (i.MX51)

Mitja Špes mitja at lxnav.com
Tue Sep 14 08:57:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm having trouble using SD card on Karo TX51 (i.mx515). I have an error
while writing to the SD card and no file changes are written to the SD.
The error is presented on the console as:
	mmc1: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt
	mmcblk1: error -110 transferring data, sector 25938, nr 1, card
status 0x900
	end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk1, sector 25938
	Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk1, logical block 25938
	lost page write due to I/O error on mmcblk1
The same error is present on evaluation board.
Reading from the SD seems to work.although when transferring big files I
periodically get an error like above.
I'm guessing it's just trying to update file access times on the SD and that
triggers the "write error".
I'm using kernel 2.6.31.

Could someone please help me and point me in the right direction on how to
solve this problem?

Thank you for your replies.

Mitja