Arm-linux + TrustZone

Anandha Gopalan a.gopalan at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 4 13:54:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

  	I'm involved in a research project in University for secure
document exchnage between companies and we are hoping to implement this
architecture on mobile devices that use Trusted Computing.

The TrustZone architecture caught our eye and I have a few questions
about it.

Q.1: It looks like the trustzone API has been incorporated into
Arm-Linux. From which version of Arm-linux is this included in? Does
this mean that device drivers are available for any ARM processor that
uses TrustZone. I know that to compile for the "trusted" part one needs
to use the RealView Development Suite (RVDS) of ARM.

Q.2: Does anybody have any experience of flashing a new Kernel onto a
device such as the N-900 (which has the Cortex A-8 processor that has
TrustZone).

Thank you very much for your help.

Anandha