Problem with SPI on S3C2412

José Miguel Gonçalves jose.goncalves at inov.pt
Wed Nov 4 10:24:37 EST 2009

Ben,

I attach the current patch that I use for my machine. The machine is a
SX-560 module from Silex (
http://www.silexeurope.com/en/home/products/embedded-modules/sx-560.html ).

Meanwhile I think I've spotted the (first) problem. In
arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/s3c2412.c the SPI device is renamed "s3c2412-spi"
(it was set in arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/devs.c with "s3c2410-spi") but the
spi_s3c24xx driver expects a platform driver named "s3c2410-spi", so it
fails to initialize. Commenting the driving renaming I get a little bit
further:

s3c2410-spi s3c2410-spi.0: No platform data supplied
s3c2410-spi: probe of s3c2410-spi.0 failed with error -2
modprobe: failed to load module spi_s3c24xx: No such device

Now it seems I need some architecture dependent initialization, correct?

Regards,
José Gonçalves