Problem with SPI on S3C2412

José Miguel Gonçalves jose.goncalves at inov.pt
Wed Nov 4 08:42:43 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to setup Linux 2.6.27 on an embedded board with a S3C2412 SoC.
After setting some architecture specific configuration on
/arch/arm/mach-s3c2412/, I have finally booted my board with success.
Now I am trying to access a temperature sensor that is connected to the
SPI bus.
For this I am thinking to use the spidev userspace API. I have compiled
spidev and spi_s3c24xx as modules. I'm able to load spidev but, when I
modprobe spi_s3c24xx, I'm getting the following error:

modprobe: failed to load module spi_s3c24xx: No such device

Any idea of what could be the problem?

Regards,
José Miguel Gonçalves