Cross Toolchain for arm1176

Hector Oron hector.oron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 01:47:40 EDT 2009

Hello Abhijeet,

> Abhijeet Tripathi a écrit :
>> I am a newbie in this and I need to develop a cross toolchain for
>> arm1176 baseboard.

  If you need an already compiled toolchain, there are more options.
For example, emdebian provides already made toolchains for Debian.
There are also some others providing binary packages for different
distributions. Elinux site has a fair list of some posible
candidates[1].

[1] http://elinux.org/Toolchains

>> Can you point me to some documentation or web link where I can get
>> instructions to do so.

  If you need to compile your own and have fun with it, there are many
papers and tools out there for you to read and test. It also depends
if you try to build packages for a distribution or if you try to
compile the code from upstream. Some nice references are:

CLFS site
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/clfs/view/clfs-2.0/arm/part3.html

EGLIBC doc
http://www.eglibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/eglibc-2_5/libc/EGLIBC.cross-building?rev=1513

GNUARM site for documentation
http://gnuarm.com/support.html

and already said GCC Compiler Collection great documentation.

The chip you try to use, IIRC have an armv5 instruction set, so
probably most of the already done toolchains out there fits you fine.

Regards,
--
 Héctor Orón