resctrl2 - status

Tony Luck tony.luck at intel.com
Wed Sep 6 11:21:16 PDT 2023

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 07:50:12AM -0700, Reinette Chatre wrote:
> heh ... sounds familiar to "To transition smoothly it may be required
> for all currently supported features to be loaded by default". It is not
> obvious to me how this also closes the other opens.

Reinette,

It seems unlikley that I'll be able to close every open. But I'll
keep trying as you point them out.

I've just pushed an updated set of patches to:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux.git resctrl_v65

Rebased to v6.5. Includes the module auto-load code discussed in
previous e-mail.

James:

I'm now hoping for some feedback from ARM folks on whether this is a
useful direction. Is it possible to implement MPAM features on top of
this base architecture independent layer. If not, am I just missing
some simple extensions that you will need. Or is there some fundamental
problem that looks hard/impossible to resolve?

Babu:

Can you try this out on an AMD system. I think I covered most of the
existing AMD resctrl features, but I have no machine to test the code
on, so very likely there are bugs in these code paths.

I'd like to make any needed changes now, before I start breaking this
into reviewable bite-sized patches to avoid too much churn.

-Tony