[RESEND] [GIT PULL] coresight: Update for v6.7

Suzuki K Poulose suzuki.poulose at arm.com
Mon Oct 30 05:04:55 PDT 2023

Hi Greg

On 30/10/2023 11:32, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 11:02:04AM +0000, Suzuki K Poulose wrote:
>> Hi Greg
>>
>> Please find the updates for Linux v6.7. Kindly pull.
>
> It's too late, sorry.  Last week might have been too late too, why the
> last-minute pull request?

Apologies, I was out sick last week. I was hoping that there would be
an rc8. The tree wasn't changed since last two weeks. I will try to
send the pull request at rc5-rc6 now onwards.

> Please send new changes after -rc1 is out for bugfixes and for normal
> new features.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly,
  - I can send a pull request with handpicked fixes for rc1
  - What about the other new features ?
     (I can summaries the features below)
     - TRBE ACPI support ( Parts of this feature went into v6.6 via
  	Will's perf subsystem, the coresight part was dropped due to
         a conflict. I queued it for v6.7 - 2patches)
     - CoreSight TPDM support for DSB feature (~10patches)
     - Support for configuring cycle count threshold for ETM (3 patches)
    Do they need to wait for v6.8 or could some of them go in for v6.7 ?

>> Please note the changes were queued and rebased onto v6.6-rc6 (which added
>> some of the fixes in the cycle).
>
> Why rebase?  What required that?

This was to be on the safer side. I don't think there was any conflict.

Suzuki