[GIT PULL] ARM: convert VFP exception handling to C code

Ard Biesheuvel ardb at kernel.org
Mon May 22 01:03:10 PDT 2023

Hello Russell,

This pull request covers the outstanding changes related to VFP exception
handling that I implemented on top of the VFP-in-softirq policy change and
subsequent fixes. The code changes are identical to the v2 series [0].

With these changes applied, only FPE related undef exceptions are dispatched in
the old way. Everything else is handled using undef hooks, with all logic
implemented in C.

I have tested this on a variety of platforms, including Cortex-A8 (using kernel
mode NEON) and the original Raspberry Pi (which relies on VFP bouncing), as
well as a host of platforms used in KernelCI [1]. All encountered issues have
been fixed. One notable configuration that I have not been able to test is FPE,
as it implies a OABI user space, which I don't have access to.

Please pull.

The following changes since commit f1fcbaa18b28dec10281551dfe6ed3a3ed80e3d6:

  Linux 6.4-rc2 (2023-05-14 12:51:40 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ardb/linux.git tags/arm-vfp-refactor-for-rmk

for you to fetch changes up to 47ba5f39eab3c2a9a1ba878159a6050f2bbfc0e2:

  ARM: entry: Make asm coproc dispatch code NWFPE only (2023-05-17 15:08:22 +0200)

[0] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230517212808.3895190-1-ardb@kernel.org/
[1] https://linux.kernelci.org/test/job/ardb/branch/for-kernelci/kernel/arm-vfp-refactor-for-rmk/