Branch for GPIO hard numbers removal

Aaro Koskinen aaro.koskinen at iki.fi
Wed May 17 13:56:42 PDT 2023

Hi,

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 02:15:25PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> I have this branch for removing all hardcoded GPIO numbers
> in OMAP1 and OMAP2 (3):
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio.git/log/?h=gpio-descriptors-omap
>
> Most stuff relating to other subsystems have proper ACKs from
> the subsystem maintainers.
>
> Is this something you want to pull into the OMAP tree?
>
> Or do you want me to send a pull request directly to the SoC
> tree (with your ACK, if you ACK it).
>
> It needs some rotation in linux-next so we can smoke out any
> remaining bugs.

This should go to v6.5 at earliest as there are still too many issues.

For v6.4 and stable, 92bf78b33b0b ("gpio: omap: use dynamic allocation
of base") needs to be reverted so that OMAP1 can be used with those
kernels. That is a 1-line revert, and should not cause issues after the
dynamic allocation was fixed with the commit "gpiolib: fix allocation
of mixed dynamic/static GPIOs" in gpio/current.

A.