Regression: serial: imx: overrun errors on debug UART

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Fri Mar 24 06:37:39 PDT 2023

On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 09:57:39AM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 8:48 AM Ilpo Järvinen
> <ilpo.jarvinen at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> > This has come up earlier, see e.g.:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-serial/20221003110850.GA28338@francesco-nb.int.toradex.com/
> >
> > My somewhat uninformed suggestion: if the overrun problems mostly show up
> > with console ports, maybe the trigger level could depend on the port
> > being a console or not?
>
> Does the change below help? Taking Ilpo's suggestion into account:

I wonder if it's a red herring that having the console on that port
makes a difference. If I understand correctly the problem is pasting
bigger amounts of data on a ttymxc after having logged in via a getty?

@Stefan: Can you try to reproduce with the port being also a console?

Best regards
Uwe

Industrial Linux Solutions                 | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |