Regression: serial: imx: overrun errors on debug UART

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Fri Mar 24 05:49:56 PDT 2023

Am 24.03.23 um 13:35 schrieb Ilpo Järvinen:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2023, Francesco Dolcini wrote:
>
>> Hello

>>> This has come up earlier, see e.g.:
>>>
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-serial/20221003110850.GA28338@francesco-nb.int.toradex.com/
>> yep, it looks exactly the same issue.
>>
>> We did not verify if this was affecting other UARTs. However, isn't RS485
>> half-duplex?
> While half-duplex is more likely by far due simplicity, RS485 could also
> be full-duplex. It seems imx driver supports for both modes.

The RS485 on Tarragon is half-duplex, but this is implemented in
external hardware. So from Linux / driver point of view it's a RS232.

To us the current behavior (overrun errors and no reaction under load)
is not acceptable. I agree that increasing the rx threshold isn't the
real issue. But i needed a starting point for a discussion.

So any ideas how to investigate this further are welcome.