[RFC] Support for Arm CCA VMs on Linux

Itaru Kitayama itaru.kitayama at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:12:24 PST 2023

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 6:20 PM Jean-Philippe Brucker
<jean-philippe at linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi Itaru,
>
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2023 at 08:35:05AM +0900, Itaru Kitayama wrote:
> > Hi Jean,
> > I've tried your series in Real on CCA Host, but the KVM arch init
> > emits an Invalid argument error and terminates.
>
> Do you know which call returns this error?  Normally the RMEGuest support
> should print more detailed errors. Are you able to launch normal guests
> (without the rme-guest object and confidential-guest-support machine
> parameter)?  Could you give the complete QEMU command-line?

No, I cant say which. Yes, the CCA-capable QEMU boots if I don't set
RME-related options.

Here's mine (based upon your command-line):
qemu-system-aarch64 -cpu host -accel kvm -machine
virt,gic-version=3,confidential-guest-support=rme0 -smp 2 -m 256M
-nographic -object rme-guest,id=rme0,measurement-algo=sha512 -kernel
Image -initrd rootfs.ext2 -append 'console=ttyAMA0 earlycon'
-overcommit mem-lock=on

Itaru.