Patch "arm: add support for TIF_NOTIFY_SIGNAL" has been added to the 5.10-stable tree

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jan 3 08:20:58 PST 2023

On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 03:57:48PM +0000, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 04:54:59PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 10:37:22AM +0000, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > > Hi Greg,
> > >
> > > Probably not a good idea to pick this up just yet - there's been a
> > > report of a performance regression due to this patch.
> >
> > There is?
>
> Why do I get the impression that you think I'm lying? This is not a good
> start to the year.

{sigh} and neither is assuming the person on the other side of the mail
connection is an idiot :)

> Yes, I'm making it up. It's all in my mind. Carry on as you would. I
> don't care anymore about shite stable kernels.

I was looking for an email thread that I could not find on lore, which
Jens has now pointed at, so all is good, thanks!

If you do not care about stable kernels, please never worry about them.
I NEVER want them to be any extra work by any developer or maintainer
that does not want to do it.  I can't ask people to do anything they
don't want to and many maintainers and developers totally ignore the
stable/LTS kernels, and that's wonderful and fine, no worries, I'll be
glad to just add those areas of the kernel to our no-email lists and all
will be good, just let me know.

Thanks, and gelukkig nieuwjaar voor jou!

greg k-h