Conflict between video-lut and pmu on meson-g12

Jiucheng Xu jiuchengxu at 163.com
Tue Feb 28 23:36:58 PST 2023

+ jiuchengxu at 163.com

Amlogic mail sending server has problem. Add my personal email.
Comments inline.

On 2023/3/1 5:49, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> [ EXTERNAL EMAIL ]
>
> Hello Jiucheng Xu,
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 10:04 PM Martin Blumenstingl
> <martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> A simple solution might be to specify the "actual" base of
>>> the register set, and count from 0 in the driver?
>> I think your fix is correct (formally it would need to be split into a
>> driver and a .dtsi patch - but let's do things step by step).
> While thinking more about this - I think the whole .dtsi code should
> be improved. Both of the PMU IO regions are part of the &dmc region.
> So I think &pmu should be moved inside &dmc (with the offsets adjusted
> accordingly of course).
Okay I agree with you.I will put &pmu node into &dmc node.

> Also I think the dt-bindings are incomplete: according to the driver
> code we're using XTAL as input clock.
> But this is not described anywhere in the dt-bindings.
> dt-bindings should always describe the hardware. The driver can decide
> not to use it but the bindings must always be complete.
Sorry, I couldn't get your point. I didn't know the relationship between
XTAL and DMC. Would you please share more the information?
> And with this comes the question: is the DMC PLL specific to the PMU
> or is it shared with something else (e.g. the actual memory
> controller)? On the 32-bit SoCs (Meson8b/S805 for example) there's a
> whole DDR clock controller (used by the DDR memory controller), so I'm
> wondering if these newer SoCs are still following that approach.
Yes, the PLL is the base input clock of DMC and PMU inside. I have never
seen the meson8b board. I think G12 is a newer generation which has some
improvement than old
SoCs.

My English is not well. Maybe I doesn't answer your point since I got
miss-understanding.

Thanks & Best regards
Jiucheng