Conflict between video-lut and pmu on meson-g12

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:04:41 PST 2023

Hello Marc,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 5:48 PM Marc Gonzalez <marc.w.gonzalez at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Running 6.2.0-rc8 on a S905X2 board, I note the following error
> in the kernel log:
>
> [    1.059175] meson-g12-ddr-pmu ff638000.pmu: can't request region for resource [mem 0xff638000-0xff6380ff]
> [    1.068647] meson-g12-ddr-pmu: probe of ff638000.pmu failed with error -16
[...]
ouch, it seems we missed that during the driver/bindings review

> A simple solution might be to specify the "actual" base of
> the register set, and count from 0 in the driver?
I think your fix is correct (formally it would need to be split into a
driver and a .dtsi patch - but let's do things step by step).
It would be great to get some confirmation from Jiucheng Xu on this as
I think we should be quick with fixing before this bug makes it
elsewhere (.dtsis can be shared with u-boot and other systems for
example).

Apart from the driver and .dtsi changes we should also update
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/perf/amlogic,g12-ddr-pmu.yaml
But again: let's do this one step at a time.

Thanks for the analysis and your work on this!
Best regards,
Martin