SR-IOV on ARM64 system with SMMU

Martin Bayern martinbayern at outlook.com
Wed Feb 22 03:53:24 PST 2023

hi Robin

Thank you so much for your support on this!

On 21.02.23 8:30 PM, Robin Murphy wrote:
> The only actual solution to that problem is to make the platform
> device not be in the group to begin with. As mentioned, that is
> presumably because the PCIe node in the DT has an "iommus = ..."
> property (not to be confused with the "iommu-map" properties which are
> for the PCI side). I'd expect you could probably get away with
> removing that - the only reason I can imagine it being functionally
> necessary is if the root complex has internal DMA engines that the
> downstream kernel is using.
>
> But yeah, by that point it's arguably just an exercise in achieving
> satisfaction by making *something* work, rather than a really
> practical prospect

I search the keyword string "iommus" in NVIDIA Orin/Xavier related
dts/dtsi, but there is no iommus attribute node, nor iommu-map. Relevant
questions have been posted in the NVIDIA forum, and I hope NVIDIA can
respond. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts/suggestions.
I'm currently working on study of the drivers of smmu and iommu, trying
to figure out the root cause of it.

kind regards,

Martin