Cortex A15: Errata 798181: Moving a virtual page that is being accessed by an active process can lead to unexpected behavior

Matija Glavinic Pecotic matija.glavinic-pecotic.ext at nokia.com
Wed Feb 22 01:07:23 PST 2023

Hello,

I have noticed that we are using local_flush_tlb_kernel_range
in couple of places while errata from subject is applied in
flush_tlb_kernel_range. We have local_flush_tlb_kernel in:

  section_update
  __set_fixmap
  set_top_pte
  #define arch_kmap_local_post_map local_flush_tlb_kernel_page
    - arch_kmap_local_post_map is further used around kmap

I would like to double check this is safe. From errata itself,
I cannot make up whether it depends to context, I have impression
it doesnt, and one should apply it even in e.g. when map/unmap
is done in interrupt.

I hope you still remember this topic. Would you please be able
to help to clarify whether applying it depends to context?

Thanks,

Matija