[GIT PULL] Qualcomm clock driver updates for v6.3

Bjorn Andersson quic_bjorande at quicinc.com
Tue Feb 21 07:44:51 PST 2023

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 10:10:07PM +0530, Kathiravan T wrote:

> On 2/20/2023 9:05 PM, Bjorn Andersson wrote:

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Bjorn,
> > >
> > Hi Kathiravan,
> >
> > > I don't see the change got picked up v6.3 https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/20230120082631.22053-1-quic_kathirav@quicinc.com/.
> > > Please help to understand what is missing to get it picked up?
> > >
> > Afaict, this patch introduces support that doesn't have a user today,
> > and as such should be merged together with:
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/20230217083308.12017-4-quic_kathirav@quicinc.com/
>

> Thanks Bjorn. I got the point. This patch also needed for IPQ5332 Baseport
> patches https://lore.kernel.org/linux-gpio/20230217075835.460-1-quic_kathirav@quicinc.com/
>

> > Which hasn't yet been picked up...
> >
> > But please send such patches together in the future, to make it easier
> > for people to review and me to merge them.
>

> If I re-spin the IPQ5332 base port patches, shall I add this patch to the
> IPQ5332 series itself and send it or you are okay to pick it up as it is?

Doesn't:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-gpio/20230217075835.460-1-quic_kathirav@quicinc.com/
depend on:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/20230217083308.12017-4-quic_kathirav@quicinc.com/
being merged first?

If you are going to resubmit the IPQ5332 baseport, please consider
sending one series with all the clock patches together.

You may send the dts separately, mentioning the dependency on the clock
series - or any other independent driver series that you sent out. That
way you make it easy for each maintainer to pick the patches destined
for their tree.

Regards,
Bjorn