[GIT PULL] Qualcomm clock driver updates for v6.3

Bjorn Andersson andersson at kernel.org
Mon Feb 20 07:35:44 PST 2023

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 05:17:39PM +0530, Kathiravan T wrote:
> On 2/19/2023 10:23 AM, Bjorn Andersson wrote:
> > The following changes since commit 1b929c02afd37871d5afb9d498426f83432e71c2:
> >
> >    Linux 6.2-rc1 (2022-12-25 13:41:39 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/qcom/linux.git tags/qcom-clk-for-6.3
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 7935b534d32a1823a7d5db449d340f56c201f284:
> >
> >    dt-bindings: clock: Merge qcom,gpucc-sm8350 into qcom,gpucc.yaml (2023-02-08 19:29:25 -0800)

> > Qualcomm clock driver updates for v6.3
> >
> > Support for requesting the next power_off operation for a genpd to be
> > synchronous is introduced, and implemented in the GDSC driver. To allow
> > the GPU driver to request power_off to wait for the GDSC to actually
> > collapse.
> >
> > clk_disable_unused() is altered, to not consider clocks which comes from
> > a provider with sync_state defined. This makes it possible for
> > individual clock drivers to invoke this process once all clients has
> > been probed, avoiding the need for booting many systems with
> > clk_ignore_unused.
> > This is then enabled for SDM845 and SC8280XP clock controllers.
> >
> > Support for QDU1000/QRU1000 Global clock controller, SA8775P Global
> > clock controller, SM8550 TCSR and display clock controller, SM6350 clock
> > controller, nd MSM8996 CBF and APCS clock controllers is introduced..
> >
> > Parent references are updated across a large number of clock drivers, to
> > align with the design changes since those drivers where introduced.
> > Similarly, test clocks has been dropped from a range of drivers.
> >
> > A range of fixes for the MSM8996 CPU clock controller is introduced.
> >
> > MSM8974 GCC is transitioned off the externally defined sleep_clk.
> >
> > GDSC in the global clock controller for QCS404 is added, and various
> > parent definitions are cleaned up.
> >
> > The SDCC core clocks on SM6115 are moved for floor_ops.
> >
> > Programming of clk_dis_wait for GPU CX GDSC on SC7180 and SDM845 are
> > moved to use the recently introduced properties in the GDSC struct.
> >
> > The RPMh clock driver gains SM8550 and SA8775P clocks, and the IPA clock
> > is added on a variety of platforms.
> >
> > The SMD RPM driver receives a big cleanup, in particular a move away
> > from duplicating declaration of identical clocks between multiple
> > platforms.
> > A few missing clocks across msm8998, msm8992, msm8916, qcs404 are added
> > as well.
> >
> > Using devm_pm_runtime_enable() to clean up some duplication is done
> > across SM8250 display and video clock controllers, SM8450 display clock
> > controller and SC7280 LPASS clock controller.
> >
> > Devicetree binding changes for above mentioned additions and changes are
> > introduced.
> >
> > Lastly, a change to pad a few registers in the SM8250 DTS to 8 digits
> > was picked up in the wrong tree and kept here, to avoid rebasing.

> <snip>
>
> Bjorn,

Hi Kathiravan,

> I don't see the change got picked up v6.3 https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/20230120082631.22053-1-quic_kathirav@quicinc.com/.
> Please help to understand what is missing to get it picked up?

Afaict, this patch introduces support that doesn't have a user today,
and as such should be merged together with:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/20230217083308.12017-4-quic_kathirav@quicinc.com/

Which hasn't yet been picked up...

But please send such patches together in the future, to make it easier
for people to review and me to merge them.

I will resume picking up patches for v6.4 after the merge window.

Regards,
Bjorn