[GIT PULL v2 7/7] arm64: tegra: Device tree changes for v6.2-rc1

Thierry Reding thierry.reding at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:36:21 PST 2022

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 11:09:43PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2022, at 18:12, Thierry Reding wrote:
> >
> > Jon Hunter (6):
> >       arm64: tegra: Update console for Jetson Xavier and Orin
>
> While this change is clearly correct, I think it would be even
> better to completely drop the chosen/bootargs property completely
> here. The bootargs are meant to come from the bootloader anyway,
> and the console= argument is already implicitly set through the
> chosen/stdout-path property.

This is more of a safety net we've used in the past to make sure we can
run even if the bootloader doesn't add these. I also know that Jon was
running into some issues if these were not specified.

Jon, can we add a TODO item that we go over some of these and verify
which ones we need and which ones we don't. If we need them it might be
worth looking into why that is and if there isn't a better way to fix
this.

Thierry