[linux-next-v2 1/5] arm64: dts: rockchip: Fix gmac phy mode to rgmii on Rock 3A SBC.

Anand Moon linux.amoon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 01:34:46 PST 2022

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 at 12:33, Michael Riesch
<michael.riesch at wolfvision.net> wrote:

> Hi Anand,
>
> On 11/16/22 21:01, Anand Moon wrote:
> > On rk356x ethernet phy support reduced media independent interface (RMII)
> > and reduced gigabit media independent interface (RGMII).
> > So set the phy mode to rgmii to support clock delay, also
> > add TX and RX delay for phy-mode.
>
> Based on this commit message I still don't understand what you are
> actually trying to fix here. If you encounter network problems/stability
> issues, please let me know what test triggers the faulty behavior.
> Please describe the problem you are facing in detail here or in the
> cover letter.

Ok, Ethernet does not work on my Radxa 3A see boot logs.

[0] https://gist.github.com/moonlinux/bb56c787031226fbb9f69121564e76a2

Please find this updated commit message.

As per the schematic and datasheet PHY mode is RGMII
Use 2ns clock delay to RXC for RXD and TXC for TXD latching.

> > Fix the following warning
> >
> > [    7.365215] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: Can not read property: tx_delay.
> > [    7.365219] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: set tx_delay to 0x30
> > [    7.365224] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: Can not read property: rx_delay.
> > [    7.365228] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: set rx_delay to 0x10
>
> If the only purpose of this patch is to get rid of this warnings, it may

No, the intent is to fix the PHY mode to RGMII and fix the delay.
[ 7.066357] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: init for RGMII_ID

> make sense to set them to dev_dbg as Peter pointed out.

Ok, will update this in the next version.

> Best regards,
> Michael

Thanks
-Anand