Aw: Re: [RFC v3 00/11] Add BananaPi R3

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Fri Nov 11 04:37:55 PST 2022

Hi

> Gesendet: Freitag, 11. November 2022 um 10:17 Uhr
> Von: "Matthias Brugger" <matthias.bgg at gmail.com>
> An: "Frank Wunderlich" <frank-w at public-files.de>, "Rob Herring" <robh+dt at kernel.org>
> Cc: linux-mediatek at lists.infradead.org, "Krzysztof Kozlowski" <krzysztof.kozlowski+dt at linaro.org>, linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org, devicetree at vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org, "Frank Wunderlich" <linux at fw-web.de>
> Betreff: Re: Aw: [RFC v3 00/11] Add BananaPi R3
>

> On 10/11/2022 18:03, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > can you please take Patches 1+3 of v1 into your tree?
> > due to reordering in my tree i missed them in this version
> >
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-mediatek/list/?series=685798
> >

> They should go through the subsystem maintainers trees. I'd advise to resend,
> dropping the RFC prefix and add the corresponding maintainers.

ok, wait for your push and i create v4 including the missing binding-patches and the reorder of wed-node together with my fixes.

> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> > pcie-bindings are here:
> >
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-mediatek/list/?series=690172
> >
> > i found 1 error in bpi-r3 dts (properties from sfp1 not plural) which i will fix in next version and will drop
> > the compile comment in dt overlays.
> >
> > also i've found this commit:
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/robh/linux.git/commit/?h=dt/next&id=363547d2191cbc32ca954ba75d72908712398ff2
> >
> > so maybe i need to rename my overlay dts files to dtso?
> >
> > maybe the others can be applied (at least the mt7986 nodes)?

does this solve your question about dt-overlays?

just to note for all...it is all 1 board having sd+emmc on 1 mmc-controller and nand+nor on one spi. it depends on hardware-switches which devices are accessable (1mmc+1 spi). Adding dts for all possible combinations will add more dts (sd+nor, sd+nand, emmc+nor, emmc+nand) than adding the 2 overlays or adds redundant config.

or should i copy the emmc/sd dts and adding once nor or nand? so we have the dtsi and dts for combinations above (=5 total)?