am335x: 5.18.x: system stalling

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu May 26 23:57:09 PDT 2022

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 8:50 AM Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:
> * Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> [220527 06:35]:
> > On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 6:44 AM Yegor Yefremov <yegorslists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 4:16 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:

> Based on what we just discussed on #armlinux, testing before and after
> commit 9c46929e7989 ("ARM: implement THREAD_INFO_IN_TASK for uniprocessor
> systems") might be a good idea as it enables some config options that
> did not get enabled earlier.
>
> Another thing that might help is to bisect again and ensure vmap stack
> config option stays disabled so issues related to vmap stack are kept
> out of the way.

Unfortunately the commits around 9c46929e7989 are the ones that failed
to build according to the original report. But it's possible that the
problem has something to do with
CONFIG_CURRENT_POINTER_IN_TPIDRURO, which is disabled
in the V6+SMP config, and which in turn is required for
THREAD_INFO_IN_TASK, IRQSTACKS and STACKPROTECTOR_PER_TASK.

If any of the four are the cause of the stall, then turning off ARCH_OMAP2 and
CONFIG_CPU_V6 should show the same bug in older commits as well.

       Arnd