fully convert arm to use dma-direct

Russell King (Oracle) linux at armlinux.org.uk
Mon May 9 08:44:02 PDT 2022

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:17:20PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 9:42 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:
>
> > arm is the last platform not using the dma-direct code for directly
> > mapped DMA.  With the dmaboune removal from Arnd we can easily switch
> > arm to always use dma-direct now (it already does for LPAE configs
> > and nommu).  I'd love to merge this series through the dma-mapping tree
> > as it gives us the opportunity for additional core dma-mapping
> > improvements.
> (...)
>
> >  b/arch/arm/mach-footbridge/Kconfig                   |    1
> >  b/arch/arm/mach-footbridge/common.c                  |   19
> >  b/arch/arm/mach-footbridge/include/mach/dma-direct.h |    8
> >  b/arch/arm/mach-footbridge/include/mach/memory.h     |    4
>
> I think Marc Z has a Netwinder that he can test this on. Marc?
> I have one too, just not much in my office because of parental leave.

Netwinder is just more of a PC-but-with-ARM - it doesn't make use of any
of the dmabounce code.

Assabet is what needs testing for that, or one of the SA1110 machines.
I'm away from home on my boat (and have been for the last two and a bit
weeks) so can't test. Sorry.

FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!