[GIT PULL] hardening fixes for v5.18-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Mar 31 12:09:58 PDT 2022

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:00 PM Kees Cook <keescook at chromium.org> wrote:

> I can do that, but it seemed like more work for folks: a larger diff to
> look at, and a rebase for Matthew or me. It's not MUCH more work, but
> given the timing of the merge window, I wanted to have a minimal diff.

Stuff that just does obvious code removal may _look_ big, but I
actually think it's conceptually a smaller patch than the subtle one
that just made the code impossible to enable.

Marking something broken implies that maybe we'll be able to fix it.

This seems to be more of a "let's just get rid of it".

               Linus