Branch/Steps required to build linux kernel for Cortex R52 FVP

Vladimir Murzin vladimir.murzin at arm.com
Thu Mar 31 08:54:48 PDT 2022

Hi,

On 3/31/22 12:04 PM, Ayan Kumar Halder wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Refer https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/simulation-models/fixed-virtual-platforms for Cortex R52 FVP
>
> For Cortex R82 FVP, I can see the steps https://community.arm.com/oss-platforms/w/docs/633/release-1-single-core
>
> If there are any steps available to build linux on Cortex R52 based SoC or other emulator, please let me know.
>
> The only relevant link I got was https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/plain/meta/conf/machine/include/arm/armv8r/tune-cortexr52.inc , but could not find instructions.

I do run uCLinux on Cortex-R52 occasionally and I'm not aware of any instructions publicly
available. IIRC, Cortex R52 FVP is variant of VExpress, so the show stopper is that VExpress
guarded (indirectly via ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM) with MMU=y. Another missing bit is device tree
(especially memory map and interrupt map).

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm at beginning of my sabbatical month, so cannot really
help, yet you can try ARM Support - they might have some instructions (or they come to me).

In case you have strong interest I can find bandwidth (once I'm back) to submit support for
AN536 ("Example Cortex™-R52x2 subsystem FPGA") for MPS3, so we get R-class representative
mainline ;)

Cheers
Vladimir