Boot lockup on imx8mp in llinux-next

Alexander Stein alexander.stein at ew.tq-group.com
Wed Mar 30 00:49:31 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

I noticed that my imx8mp based board (TQMa8MPxL, not yet mainline) locked up
during boot in linux-next. I bisected it down to commit [1].
I found out that disabling 'fec' and 'eqos' (both ethernet controller) nodes
in DT resulted in booting Kernel, alas NFS boot failed eventually obviously.
Reverting make things working again.
I have no idea which clock is the actual culprit here and how to fix it. I
just wanted to make you aware of this issue.

Best regards,
Alexander

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/
commit/drivers/clk/clk.c?id=7dabfa2bc4803eed83d6f22bd6f045495f40636b