[page-reclaim] Re: [GIT PULL] Multi-gen LRU for 5.18-rc1

David Hildenbrand david at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 05:29:20 PDT 2022

On 26.03.22 21:49, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 19:16:15 -0600 Yu Zhao <yuzhao at google.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 7:07 PM Linus Torvalds
>> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

>>> So I do expect to merge this, but I don't think it has been in
>>> linux-next, has it?
>>
>> No. I could ask Stephen to see if he is willing to take this series. I
>> was hoping to go through Andrew since his tree is what most MM
>> developers test. I haven't heard from Andrew, so I assume he has no
>> strong opinion and I don't want to put him in a different position.
>
> hm, sorry, something in the headers here fooled my (elaborate) procmail
> rules :(
>
> Please yes, let's have a cycle in -next.  I thought we decided to do
> that in discussion with Matthew Wilcox?

I'd appreciate if we could merge most MM-related stuff through the -MM
tree; it exists for a reason IMHO. Andrew, you usually have a very good
feeling when something's ready to be merged upstream (sufficient review
from relevant folks, sufficient exposure via -mm and -next, ...).

--
Thanks,

David / dhildenb