[page-reclaim] Re: [GIT PULL] Multi-gen LRU for 5.18-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Mar 26 13:27:44 PDT 2022

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 6:16 PM Yu Zhao <yuzhao at google.com> wrote:

> No. I could ask Stephen to see if he is willing to take this series. I
> was hoping to go through Andrew since his tree is what most MM
> developers test. I haven't heard from Andrew, so I assume he has no
> strong opinion and I don't want to put him in a different position.

So I'd definitely want to see this in linux-next for a while, which
implies it's not ready for this merge window.

I'm not convinced linux-next sees a lot of runtime testing (but it
gets *some* of that too, certainly), but it does get a fair amount of
at least build verification with a lot of odd configurations and a lot
of different architectures.

                Linus