Fwd: Question abount VSOL/CarlitoxxPro SFP Patch on Marvell Armada (MCBIN DS)

Giammarco lynx stich86 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 07:51:05 PST 2022

so correct me if i'm wrong (and i haven't understood correctly):

the MCBIN seems to configure the interface on SGMII mode (and the GPON
switch on this mode), when the kernel starts it move the interface
mode in 1000base-X.
When i'm doing the unplug/plug, basically the GPON module see that
host is advertising 1000base-X and it negotiates in this way instead
of SGMII.

Is it right?

Thanks