Fwd: Question abount VSOL/CarlitoxxPro SFP Patch on Marvell Armada (MCBIN DS)

Russell King (Oracle) linux at armlinux.org.uk
Tue Mar 8 03:15:08 PST 2022

On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 11:08:34AM +0100, Giammarco lynx wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> i've tried to change quirks on the sfp-bus.c, but without success:

Thanks for trying.

> Please note that this stick should supporto HiSGMII (2500base-x), but
> currently the firmware on-top seems stuck so link only at 1000base-x

I've seen that with some of the other modules (the alcatel/lucent ones)
where they won't switch to 2.5G unless they are on the PON network and
have been configured.

So this brings up a question - if it isn't switching to 2500base-X then
why doesn't it link when we're in 1000base-X mode. The only other
possibility I can think of would be SGMII, which will sync, but won't
complete the negotiation. The only way to know that would be to read
the GMAC STATUS0 register to see if bit 14 is set (meaning it has
gained sync) without bit 0 (link up.)

If you have devmem2, boot without the sfp-bus.c patch applied, bring
eth3 up, and then run:

# devmem2 0xf4133e10

which should dump the status0 register for eth3.

> At the moment we don't have any other solution than put interface UP
> and then un-plug/plug module again?

At the moment, sadly, yes.

FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!