Fwd: Question abount VSOL/CarlitoxxPro SFP Patch on Marvell Armada (MCBIN DS)

Russell King (Oracle) linux at armlinux.org.uk
Mon Mar 7 09:13:31 PST 2022

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 07, 2022 at 05:18:18PM +0100, Giammarco lynx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to make link up of a VSOL V2810F into a MacchiatoBIN
> double-shot on port SFP at 2.5GbE (rif
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg857257.html)
>
> The current situation is this one (putting some logs into sfp.c):

sfp.c already has debugging present (see the dev_dbg() statements).
Those in sfp_sm_event() will show you the complete state machine
state and events at entry and exit from each state machine run and
is superior to the output provided below, which I can't really make
too much sense of.

> the SFP reaches the RX_LOS state and there should be a link up (i've
> forced los=true on the sfp.c), but nothing happens :(

So what state did SFP end up in?

There's two ways to know that - either via the debugfs "state" file
for the SFP (which should be /sys/kernel/debug/sfp-eth3/state) or
by using the provided debug in sfp.c which can be enabled by adding
#define DEBUG at the stop of sfp.c.

Also defining DEBUG at the top of phylink.c to get further debugging
output that will be useful to see what's going on at the MAC side.

I suspect you are getting to the "SFP_S_LINK_UP" state, but for some
reason the link between the host and the module isn't coming up.

Is the PON module connected to the PON network?

Thanks.

FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!