mpam/snapshot/v5.17

James Morse james.morse at arm.com
Wed Jun 15 03:26:27 PDT 2022

Hi Itaru,

On 6/13/22 22:59, itaru.kitayama at fujitsu.com wrote:
> Rob,
> Indeed my colleague pointed that out to me as well. In the meantime, what's the best way
> to test the MPAM feature (8.4 optional)?

I do my testing with the Fixed Virtual Platform from arm[0].
Its a bit of a pain to set up, but it configured correctly it presents MPAM MSC - although
they don't do anything as its not a performance model.

There are a ton of options, but the main two to try and enable are something like:
| cluster0.has_mpam=1
| cluster0.l3cache-mpamf_base=0x30000000

Let me know off list if you want a hand setting it up.

One day there will be hardware!

Thanks,

James

[0] https://developer.arm.com/Tools%20and%20Software/Fixed%20Virtual%20Platforms