[BUG] null pointer dereference when loading bpf_preload on Raspberry Pi

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 03:07:48 PDT 2022

Hi Stefan,

> >> are you able to see this issue in 5.18.x, too? I'm asking because the
> >> BPF settings comes from your configuration.
> > I've not seen it in a standard boot, is there a simple way to test
> > this, TBH I've never really played with bpf (it's on the todo list) so
> > if there's an easy test I can certainly check.
>
> it's just during boot. No need to do something special.
>
> I want to figure out, if this is caused by my cross compile environment.

No, not seeing that anywhere, I've got 5.18.3 running on omap/rpi/imx6
32 bit devices without anything like that

We had an issue around BPF on arm32 back in late 2018 and I tried to
turn some of the options on in defconfig so they'd have wider testing
but got push back. I don't remember the exact issue there though (and
it's long been fixed)

Peter