Can NVIC route a interrupt to a specific core?

Robin Murphy robin.murphy at arm.com
Tue Jun 7 02:50:58 PDT 2022

On 2022-06-07 02:40, richard clark wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> Can the NVIC used by Cortex-M4/M7 route an interrupt to a specific
> core just like the GIC redistributor does?

It's not my area of expertise, but as far as I'm aware, no, the whole
NVIC belongs to the core itself. I don't believe that the M-profile
architecture has any notion of SMP; if multiple M-profile cores exist in
the same SoC, they should be independent and each have their own NVIC.
Which peripheral IRQ outputs are wired to which core(s) will be a
design-time decision.

Robin.