am335x: 5.18.x: system stalling

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Jun 3 13:46:04 PDT 2022

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 9:11 PM Yegor Yefremov
<yegorslists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> With compiled-in drivers the system doesn't stall. All other tests and
> related outputs will come next week.

Ah, nice!

It's probably a reasonable assumption that the smp-patched get_current()
is (at least sometimes) broken in modules but working in the kernel itself.
I suppose that means in the worst case we can hot-fix the issue by
having an 'extern' version of get_current() for the case of
armv6+smp+module ;-)

Maybe start with the ".long 0xe7f001f2" hack I suggested in my last
mail. If that gives you an oops for the module case, then we know
that the patching doesn't work at all and you don't have to try anything
else, otherwise it's more likely that an incorrect instruction sequence
is patched in.

        Arnd