[GIT PULL] Delete two DaVinci boards

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Jul 11 03:44:10 PDT 2022

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 10:11 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi SoC folks,
>
> two patches deleting two unmainatined DaVinci boards.
> The patches describe how I tried to update these boards
> but there is no interest in that so now I am deleting them
> as unused and unmaintained,
>
> Please pull it in unless the DaVinci maintainers step in
> and says no.

I'll give them a few days to reply. In the discussion about deprecating
board files we already decided that only the DT-based davinci
machines are really needed, so I don't expect much objection to
removing them now, but otherwise they are going away in six months
anyway.

Your git tag description however needs a little more background,
I don't want to pull this and bypass the maintainers with a one-line
commit text. Can you update the tag to describe more about why
speeding up the removal is important to you?

       Arnd