[GIT PULL] amlogic fixes for v5.17-rc

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat Jan 8 13:26:21 PST 2022

On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 04:13:44PM +0100, Neil Armstrong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a couple of DT fixes for v5.17-rc1, they fix the UART compatibles of
> the ARMv7 Amlogic SoCs and by the way keep earlycon working after [1] has been
> applied by greg in the tty branch for 5.17.
>
> I know it's early for 5.17-rc1, but at least it's in the pipe.
>
> I based the changes on your dt-5.17 tag pushed to linus for 5.17-rc1,
> if necessary I can rebase on v5.16-rcX.

Hi Neil,

It looks like this branch is based on our arm/dt branch? Please don't base your
topics on our branches, it'll be awkward if we ever need to rebuild them (it's
happened a few times, but we try very hard to avoid it).

In this case, you should have based your contents on top of your latest dt
branch (if it would have had conflicts), not ours.

Mind rebuilding and send a new pull request?

Thanks,

-Olof