Ask for help about the smmu initialization process in the kdump crash kernel

Liu Song liusong at linux.alibaba.com
Wed Dec 21 00:22:59 PST 2022

Hi

We encountered such a problem in our environment. When a kernel panic
occurs,
the DPU still has access to the host device under the kdump crash
kernel, but the
content of the smmu has been cleared during the startup of the crash
kernel, thus
causing errors. Referring to the implementation of X86 here, it will
judge whether is
a crash kernel, and if it is, it will copy the previous IOMMU page table
content.

What we want to ask is whether arm64 can also operate in this way to
maintain the
are there any
problems that cannot be solved by the smmu mechanism in the implementation?

Thanks