renesas/master bisection: igt-kms-rockchip.kms_vblank.pipe-A-wait-forked on rk3399-gru-kevin

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Dec 14 05:50:16 PST 2022

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 01:55:03PM +0100, Guillaume Tucker wrote:

> Maybe you could retrieve the original thread and rely to it with
> the report?  That's the ideal way of following up on a patch I
> think.  You can get the mbox file this way:

> ./kci_bisect get_mbox \
>   --commit ca871659ec1606d33b1e76de8d4cf924cf627e34 \
>   --kdir ~/src/linux

As a developer I tend to find this unhelpful, it makes it much more
likely that the mail will get missed.  As a reporter it means there's
more information to copy into the report.

> > ... which is an old commit, added in v5.19-rc2, and which did not
> > enter through the renesas tree at all?

> Do you mean this report shouldn't have been sent to you?

I do notice that the Renesas tree tends to get a *lot* of the bisection
reports generated for some reason (vastly more than any other tree
including mainline or -next), however this wasn't sent based on the tree
at all - I just looked at the people involved with the commit.