Kernel Kernel bug caused by (cpufreq: mediatek: Refine mtk_cpufreq_voltage_tracking()) on Banana Pi R64 (MT7622)

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at linaro.org
Fri Dec 2 02:47:31 PST 2022

On 02-12-22, 11:41, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Quick question: is that relative to apply at this point of the 6.1 devel
> cycle? Or would it be better to revert the culprit (already introduced
> in 5.19) for now and reapply it together with that fix for 6.2 (and then
> backport to 6.1 stable later)?

I am not comfortable applying the revert to 6.1 kernel right now, it
is too late and the revert is big enough. Also it isn't something that
came in 6.1 cycle itself, so it isn't ideal to merge it as a fix this
late.

I would like to apply the fix, if we are able to settle on one, for
6.2 and let it get backported via stable to all the affected kernels.

--
viresh