imx8mp USB OTG/dual-role

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Wed Aug 31 09:38:16 PDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 8:11 PM Jun Li <jun.li at nxp.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Jun,

Thank you, this does appear to work as intended as dual-role. I was
not aware of linux,extcon-usb-gpio.

And thanks also Alexander, your usb-dual-role via connector method
works as well.

Which method is preferred, using extcon or using usb-role-switch via a
connector as in Alexander's patch?

Additionally, where is it appropriate to put the pinctrl for the OC
and ID pins in the usb_dwc3_0 (dwc3 core) node, the usb3_0 (dwc3 glue)
node, or the usb3_phy0 (phy) node?

Best Regards,

Tim