Entaviv hanging on imx8m Nano

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 08:15:37 PDT 2022

Lucas et al,

I have a custom repo with a bunch of the DSIM stuff from Jagan on 8m
Mini adapted to run on an imx8m Nano.  From what I tell see the
clocks, clock parents, and clock-rates appear to be setup correctly.
At least, the clocks match the parent-child relationships and the
clock rates match that of the NXP kernel.  The GPUMIX power domain
lets the Etnaviv driver enumerate:

  etnaviv etnaviv: bound 38000000.gpu (ops gpu_ops [etnaviv])
  etnaviv-gpu 38000000.gpu: model: GC7000, revision: 6203
  [drm] Initialized etnaviv 1.3.0 20151214 for etnaviv on minor 1

I have the lcdif and DSI working, so I can see images on the screen,
but when I attempt to enable the GPU, I get an error message
indicating a GPU hang:

   etnaviv-gpu 38000000.gpu: recover hung GPU!

I was hoping someone might have some suggestions as to what I might be
missing.  Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

adam