fully convert arm to use dma-direct

Arnd Bergmann arnd at kernel.org
Thu Apr 21 01:14:16 PDT 2022

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 9:41 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> arm is the last platform not using the dma-direct code for directly
> mapped DMA.  With the dmaboune removal from Arnd we can easily switch
> arm to always use dma-direct now (it already does for LPAE configs
> and nommu).  I'd love to merge this series through the dma-mapping tree
> as it gives us the opportunity for additional core dma-mapping
> improvements.

Thanks a lot for completing this, it looks all good to me, and I hope that
Russell can test my assabet patch to make sure this doesn't break
anything.

I saw one opportunity for an additional cleanup patch that I commented
on, but that does not stop the rest from getting merged.

I also made sure that this passes the basic kernelci tests across all
arm machines.

     Arnd