mainline/master bisection: baseline.login on odroid-xu3

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Sun Apr 17 15:12:07 PDT 2022

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 10:27:58PM +0100, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:

> If the primary CPU is still happy, then the secondary CPUs should be.
> Quite simply, if something is broken in the setup of the vectors, the
> primary CPU would also be affected by this commit. However...

Yes, I was quite confused.

> > <6>[    0.141185] CPU4: Spectre v2: using ICIALLU workaround
> > <6>[    0.168676] CPU4: Spectre BHB: using loop workaround

> Given that there was a problem with the loop implementation, please
> ensure that when you bisect, you have the following commit in place
> every time you test a bisect point:

> 6c7cb60bff7a ("ARM: fix Thumb2 regression with Spectre BHB")

> Otherwise, yes, it is known that Thumb2 will be broken.

Ah, that won't have been in there (since the bot is just running off
what it finds in git) and indeed looking at the most recent results:

   https://linux.kernelci.org/test/job/mainline/branch/master/kernel/v5.18-rc2-351-ga2c29ccd94778/plan/baseline/

it does look like it's just Thumb2 that's failing.  However that's got
Linus' tree as of a2c29ccd9477861b16ddc02c411a6c9665250558 which does
feature the above commit so there's something else off (I expect we'll
see newer results soon at https://linux.kernelci.org/job/mainline/ since
it looks like Linus just tagged -rc3).  It does seem to be only this
board, other boards are booting the Thumb2 kernel fine, so I'd not be
surprised if missing the above commit just confused the bisection.

We'd need to rerun a bisection with the above commit in place I guess, I
don't have access to trigger that - Guillaume (in CCs) can hopefully
help next week.